Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As an EHS Analyst - Service, you will be responsible for driving consistent application of the EMEA EHS strategy, specific Business or Division wide initiatives for the Africa Sales & Service
You will work within our world class Service Team in our Wadeville Site.
- Managing significant aspects and risks, assuring that the requirements of the Eaton Business System especially MESH and the relevant standards e.g. ISO 14001 and 45001 are fulfilled across the organization.
- Collection, analysis and reporting on EHS related data and metrics for the organization.
- Ensuring communication & feedback channels between the Division, Business & Corporate EHS Organisation.
- Supporting the deployment of key global programs both inside and outside of the division.
- Participate in or lead projects supporting the core Service and Sales EHS processes.
- To champion the deployment of EHS standards and Zero Incident Safety Culture within scope. Develops strong working relationships with functional and business leaders.
- To represent Eaton in front of external parties (e.g. customers and authorized service providers) for EHS matters. Ensures compliance to EHS regulations, standards and laws.
- To manage EHS questionnaires from customers during inquiry to order stage. Ensure regulatory Safety Files are completed and presented to customers.
- To facilitate EHS processes and provides technical and administrative support such as site EHS inspections and audits, subcontractor management or periodic competency assessment (LoTo and Qualified Electrical Worker) to ensure compliance with EHS regulations and MESH requirements.
- To build organization capability by developing and designing local MESH programs, training strategies & plans in close exchange and alignment with the Corporate, Division, and Regional EHS functions. Deliver EHS training courses for Managers and Employees and maintain an EHS training matrix.
- To comply with Eaton’s ethics policy and keeps management informed of issues associated with regulatory compliance.
- To collect, report, monitor and analyse organizational EHS metrics related to the Service Balanced Scorecard and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close the gaps at an operational level. Drive the actions plans (EHS roadmap) required to meet defined goals and keep certifications.
- To maintain required operational EHS documentation and ensure proper use and retention.
- To support initiatives to improve environmental conditions in the community and to foster employee wellness and off-the-job safety.
- To lead the investigation of incidents (including near misses, releases, and losses) to determine root causes and define suitable corrective and preventive action plans. Identify and determine suitable action for dealing with systemic EHS issues within the organization. Prepare Lessons Learned documents.
- To conduct regular internal EHS Gemba walks, service EHS reviews and field service EHS inspections. Supports EHS risk assessment initiatives and risk mitigation (including security). Coordinates and assists in the scheduling of third party and internal audits within the organization.
- To monitor and support in combination with the Wadeville SRP the deployment of the Electrical Testing program for the service workshop.
- To develop and apply programs for managing Eaton contractors and authorized service providers in the field of service activities.
- To act as EHS Liaison for the Service locations being part of his/her geographical footprint.
Strong background in EHS with minimum of three years’ experience in companies performing electrical works.
Understanding of service practices at customer locations.
Demonstrated managerial skills and experiences.
Comprehension of industry, and country environmental, health, and safety requirements.
Strong organizational and team building skills including ability to manage large number of disparate projects and to track projects through completion.
Working knowledge of cross-functional EHS disciplines.
Ability to serve as a subject matter expert in one of the EHS functional disciplines (Occupational Health, Environmental Engineering/Management, Safety, or EHS Systems).
Adept at development and utilization of software solutions.
Results driven with absolute determination and motivation to achieve in sales. Highly organized, with attention to detail
Ability to engage directly with Clients and customers and making customer visits.
Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University#LI-WJ1
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time