If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Embedded Engineer - Firmware
in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Engages in development, design and testing of embedded systems using programming languages like Assembly, C & C++ on embedded systems running for platforms based on RTOS and non-RTOS designs.
- Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Lighting Control products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
- Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and can articulate product and software design. Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
- Participate in solution and code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to.
- Responsible for supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting of the applications
- Ensures compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines
· Ensures new products meet our customer’s needs
· Incorporates support for the manufacturing, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the product / system
· Protects intellectual property through patent disclosures
· Supports our team of global field commissioning engineers with technical challenges
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”).This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo.The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science/Electronics from an accredited institution.Relevant industry experience of 2 to 4 years.
• Proficient in C/C++ language programming for developing embedded solutions.
• Embedded firmware development for 16 Bit and 32 Bit microcontrollers.
• Experience with digital and analog peripherals such as GPIO, Timers, PWM, UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, Comparator, DMA, etc. is desired.
• Experience with embedded protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, etc. is desired.
• Experience in developing driver and middleware layers for MCU peripherals.
• Experience in debugging microprocessor firmware using lab equipment such as logic analyzers, serial data analyzers, sniffers and oscilloscopes
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time