We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
As a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 95,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Eaton Internship Program – Engineering & Technology is designed to provide exciting opportunities to future leaders who demonstrate a high level of ethics, values, creativity and performance.
During the 12 to 14 week paid internship, students will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business and will be coached and mentored by Eaton leaders. Students will develop skills through stimulating on-the-job experiences, structured training, coaching and networking events. Assignments support real business objectives, with a focus on growth technologies and a high level of contact with Eaton’s key innovation and technology leaders. Wherever your career aspirations lie, you can cultivate your skills in the Eaton Internship Program – Engineering & Technology.
- Power conversion experience, preferably in high power: ability to design, analyze, validate and certify technologies in the domain of power electronics and conversion.
- Experience and research in topologies
- Electrical machine systems experience which includes magnetic design, mechanical and power electronics
Thermal management and electrical power systems: sizing, design, development and integration of components and subsystem comprising the electrical powertrain including design and development of cooling systems for electrical power train
- Actively enrolled, or will be actively enrolled, in a Master’s degree program focusing in Power Electronics or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution by the start of your internship
- In addition to pursuing the Master’s degree, currently possesses or will have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, cyber security, computer science, or physics from an accredited institution (master’s/bachelors combined programs will satisfy this requirement)
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Internship program
- Design engineering experience (full-time, intern or co-op)
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the Engineering and Technology Assignment Manager.
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
*The locations listed on the requisition above are an example of an Eaton location that a participant could be placed at. These locations are not guaranteed and can be changed.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time