Eaton’s Hydraulics – Power Motion Control Division is currently seeking a Senior Product Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our facility in Eden Prairie, MN. Relocation is offered.
This position executes existing product support within the Fixed Displacement portfolio (Eaton’s Gear, Vane and Geroter/Geroler products). Tasks include, supporting current and prospective customers with technical expertise, initiating and executing cost out projects, providing technical support to other functions within Eaton, and helps develop new features on existing products. Serves as technical and/or project leader for large projects or multiple small projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead improvement initiatives to existing products to meet market needs, profitability goals, reliability requirements and manufacturing capability in accordance with standard development practices.
- Initiate project plans, which include the scheduled actions and the resources required to meet the project objectives. Execute projects according to the established plan.
- Write effective test requests for technicians to execute. Analyze results and clearly summarize the findings in technical reports.
- Perform and document design calculations, including simulations and advanced analysis for new designs and design revisions. Lead product design reviews and follow through on recommended changes.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and supply chain managers to assure manufacturability, cost effectiveness and reliability of the assigned product lines. Perform trade off analysis and lead VA/VE events.
- Maintain product design control, initiate and follow through on Engineering changes, and verify all documentation of new designs or design changes is complete.
- Maintain close liaison with the manufacturing function during the introduction and development of new products. Resolve design related production problems, apply statistical methods as needed.
- Disposition material that does not conform to product specifications.
- Maintain close liaison with the sales and marketing functions and end customers, as related to application reviews, new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, customer prototype qualification test requirements and resolving product performance deficiencies.
- Resolve product performance issues through team-oriented problem solving and document according to the 8D process.
- Initiate the generation of new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets.
- Initiate and maintain the Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) related to new and existing products.
- Maintain professional education through training opportunities in the field of his/her expertise.
- Act as technical specialist, recognized within the Division as being capable of: significant
- accomplishments in his/her field(s) of expertise; developing unique engineering technologies; and/or solving difficult problems of technical nature.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience with engineering tools/principles
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Master’s degree (Engineering) from an accredited university
- Experience with hydraulic systems and components
- Experience with manufacturing processes and terminology
- Experience working with global teams
- Ability to gain thorough technical knowledge of the product line the engineer will manage, that
- includes product design, test and evaluation, monitoring the manufacturing methods and
- processes (in-house and/or subcontracted).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, preferably tailored to Design for Six Sigma.
- Team player and professional interface with others
- Gets results through collaborating with other internal and external stakeholders
- Professional presence and interpersonal effectiveness
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time