Eaton’s Electrical Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Receiver on 1st Shift. This position will be located at our Charlotte, NC facility.
This position is responsible maintaining the required production levels, inventory accuracy, quality of put aways, and good housekeeping; all while meeting on time shipping requirements to ensure internal customer satisfaction. Responsible for the verification of the item, the quantity and location to which the material is being transacted. Consolidating any opened cartons when putting material away. Ensuring that the location is neat and accurate when transaction has been completed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- When putting material away into the carton flow racks the receiver must make sure that the labels are facing the pickers and that the location is not overstocked
- Responsible for performing cycle counts when discrepancies are discovered and notifying the appropriate inventory control personal when necessary
- Responsible for identifying and placing all less than full cartons on the top layer before the material is transacted into the location
- It is the responsibility of any person who signs a bill of lading for any inbound trailer/container to ensure that the trailer is secure and locked down
- Housekeeping – keep aisles/back rail clean; Sweep floor
- Communicate any issues to lead and/or manager
- Being flexible, ability to adapt to changing schedule (i.e Hot orders, drop-in orders) and being a team player, have a positive attitude
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this opening, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Charlotte, NC facility will be considered
- 1 year experience in warehouse operations
- Internal candidates: Certified and capable of operating stand up reach forklift
- Internal candidates: No written warnings on file within the last 6 Months
- Possesses solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency
- Must be quality and cost oriented
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. several times during the day
- When operating powered equipment, operators must be mobile enough to turn their body to look in the direction of travel
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No