We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
As a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 99,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Eaton Internship Program – Information Technology is designed to provide opportunities to a diverse mix of students who demonstrate the same high level of ethics, values, creativity and performance we expect from our employees. During the 12-14-week paid internship, students will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business and will be coached and mentored by Eaton leaders.
Students will develop skills through structured training, coaching and networking events. Internship assignments may be in the areas of business intelligence (data mining), project management processes, business analysis, systems architecture, IT security, enterprise resource planning and management systems, web and mobile applications, telecommunications and data infrastructure processes, innovation and software and many other disciplines. Eaton’s IT function is broad and serves as the backbone for service delivery at a premier industrial diversified manufacturer. Wherever your career aspirations lie, you can cultivate your skills in the Eaton Internship Program – Information Technology.
After completion of the internship and upon graduation, your experience and newly acquired skills could lead you to a variety of career paths, such as the Eaton Development Program - Information Technology. This full-time, rotational program would provide you the opportunity to have several assignments in information technology-related areas that are progressive in job responsibilities and provide a broad experience across multiple business units, to develop a variety of business and technical skills.
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree program in engineering or business with a major in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science/Statistics, Operations/Industrial Management/Engineering, Computing or Technology Systems
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.9 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship on an on-going basis
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed at the time of this application
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Internship Program
- Desire to build a career in Information Technology
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (please do not round)
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Strong problem solving and business process skills
- Proven technical ability through coursework and work experience
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to achieve results
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to relocate for the summer internship assignment
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the assignment manager.
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
*The locations listed on the requisition above are an example of an Eaton location that a participant could be placed at. These locations are not guaranteed and can be changed.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time