Eaton’s Power Quality division is seeking a Field Service Electronics Technician to join our team of world-class customer service professionals. This position is based in the Richmond or Norfolk Virginia area.
Eaton’s Power Quality division designs, manufactures, and services Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic-based products to ensure power reliability in the most demanding applications. Our technicians deliver mission-critical solutions to our customers’ most challenging energy management requirements.
- Be a key member of a world-class service organization that recently celebrated 12 consecutive years of growth.
- Join an organization where your health & safety are the number-one priority. Eaton provides our technicians with the training, tools, and PPE to keep you safe on the job.
- Opportunities for career advancement through a defined technical track as well as broader Eaton career opportunities in various business functions.
- Have the support of a robust internal infrastructure including 24-hour Customer, Technical and Factory Support.
- Continuous hands-on learning opportunities at a world-class training facility as well as field-based mentoring.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation.
- Tools including a company vehicle, laptop, hand tools, meters and smartphone.
- Award winning efforts to recruit and support military veterans and their families.
In this role, you will perform on-site emergency repairs, start-up services and preventative maintenance in a 24/7 on-call environment with regional responsibility. Products to include UPS systems, power distribution units and batteries. You will provide technical support to customers and serve as technical advisor for operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. This position will be located remotely and will work out of a home office within the immediate geographic area.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Minimum of 3 years of power systems, battery technologies, and electronic experience.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited Institution
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver's license
- Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate Richmond or Norfolk VA geographic area will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field from an accredited school and/or equivalent experience in a technical field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Must be proficient with PC and smartphone, including Microsoft Windows, Office and Outlook
- Must have demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction
- Must be willing and able to perform frequent travel to customer sites, with up to 75% of drive-time expected.
- Must demonstrate passion for zero-incident safety culture and ability to comply with all Eaton and customer safety requirements.
- Will be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing; climbing; squatting; bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Incumbent may be required to lift up to 75lbs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time