Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Kronos Functional Analyst for our Administrative Center of Excellence (ADMCOE) team. The Kronos Functional Analyst will design, model, configure, and implement Kronos Workforce Central (WFC) functional software and process solutions to meet desired business requirements. They will analyze business processes and systems processes and recommend improvements that use standard Eaton's Kronos Workforce Central (WFC) software and processes. The Functional Analyst will also participate in implementations and third level support as required.
The Kronos Functional Analyst will be based at any Eaton facility. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an IT Kronos Functional Analyst you will:
- Be responsible for in-depth functional and business process knowledge of Kronos Workforce Central 8 or 8.1.
- Work in partnership with divisional and regional business process owners on system requirements, processes, and systems.
- Manage requirements scope and disposition through process compliance and gap analysis, integration testing and user acceptance methodology.
- Provide knowledge and input on the system implications of business process changes.
- Help to identify consolidated, worldwide target processes.
- Determine best practices to deploy Kronos Workforce Central 8, demonstrating experience with deploying WFC Timekeeper, WIM, Accruals, Attendance, and Mobile.
- Implement, train, and provide warranty support for Kronos Workforce Central 8.
- Serve as a functional subject matter expert for Kronos Workforce Central 8, leveraging experience migrating business from legacy versions of Kronos (5.2, 6.2) to Kronos WFC 8 or 8.1.
- Identify and implement best practices to complete payroll reconciliation during Kronos WFC deployments.
- Lead business transformational projects standardizing pay to policy rules leveraging Kronos Workforce Central.
- Work with the global Payroll, Time & Labor governance team to ensure proposed solutions are in-line global solutions.
- Partner with site infrastructure to assist with the setup of new Kronos clocks
- Demonstrates analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Apply project methodology and governance processes to the change control, system development life cycle and regression testing.
- Support end to end processes and have intermediate level understanding of system touch points.
- Works with the global governance team to ensure proposed solutions are in-line global solutions.
- Participate in business process improvement committees as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of Kronos experience.
be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to understand and drive regional solutions and implement controls that are fully auditable and compliant with business and control standards.
- Must be able to interact with senior level leaders at divisional or regional level.
- Able to explain complex system issues and decision points using common business language (without using IT terms and language)
- Detail oriented, analytical and accurate with documentation and reporting.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage projects and drive for results
- Able to report to a manager in a different geographic location
- Strong level of system expertise - gathered through numerous full-life cycle projects. Experienced knowledge of applications' technical capabilities
- Hands on configuration experience implementing Kronos Workforce Central (WFC) 8 or 8.1
- Experience upgrading Kronos WFC from legacy versions (5.2, 6.2, 7, etc.)
- Experience with complex Kronos pay to policy configurations
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience leading workshops to reach common designs and solutions
- Experience getting consensus across the organization and getting buy-in
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time