Eaton is currently seeking a Manager – Capital Markets to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio corporate offices.
Manages Eaton's capital structure and the public securities of its subsidiaries while mitigating risks such as interest rate, currency, commodities and market/credit. Coordinates the management of Eaton's long-term debt portfolio and recommends hedging strategies while maintaining proper controls. Assists in financial modeling of Eaton's capital structure, credit rating, interest expense, and acquisition financing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Assists in the development of the optimal capital structure strategy and deploy on a global basis, including managing relationships with rating agencies and preservation of Eaton's credit rating.
- Leads projects to issue public securities, private placements and bank transactions consistent with the optimal capital structure strategy.
- Prepares monthly forecasts of debt balances, interest payments, derivative settlements, net interest expense and cash flow.
- Performs peer analysis of capital structure, financing strategies/instruments, and hedging programs.
- Recommends trades to mitigate interest rate, currency, commodity and other market risks and ensures trading activities meet applicable regulatory requirements; performs mark-to-market of derivative hedge portfolios and analyses counterparty risk.
- Manages bank relationships including preparation of quarterly scorecard and return measurements.
- Serves as interface with Accounting, Law, and Tax departments for Capital Markets issues and projects and ensures that transactions are recorded appropriately.
- Contributes to the development of materials for the Finance Committee of Eaton's Board of Directors.
- Leverages treasury management system to streamline and optimize departmental processes.
- Manages Eaton's transfer agent/Qualified Intermediary relationship.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive finance and/or accounting experience
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of our Beachwood, Ohio location – no relocation will be provided for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Graduate Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution or Charter Financial Analyst
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High skill level in creating executive presentations
- Strong technology skills
- Experience with Bloomberg of Capital IQ
- Experience with financial modeling
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic/Analytical thinking
- Ability to express the complex in simple, easy-to-grasp ways, verbally and in writing
- Comfortable and confident in speaking with senior leadership
- Is curious, inquisitive and comfortable challenging the status quo
- Strong drive for results
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Can work easily with a diverse set of people to get things done with and through others
- Working knowledge of financial systems such as Oracle, SAP, HFM, and Longview
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time