Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha- Badger location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
This position is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement /cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright individuals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Oversees three direct reports
- Creates, trains and guides the optimal design and layout of cells and manufacturing flow lines considering safety/guarding, productivity, ergonomics, first pass yield, process and test capabilities, machine uptime and machine efficiency, cost of non-conformance, inventory and waste. Creates and maintains standardize work elements (Balance charts, layouts, etc) to ensure all safety requirements are met and processes are operating with their defined specifications. Leads the research and development of new processes to meet or exceed the requirements of current/new products.
- Identifies potential safety hazards and provides input into the remediation process, ensuring equipment functionality meets required specifications. Enforces safety expectations, documents and communicates hazards and unsafe conditions, conducts training to team members on safety regulations and methods.
- Leads cost-out initiatives and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Leads teams that leverage the use of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools to solve problems within manufacturing. Drives initiatives to closure and monitors/drives associated metrics. Participates in Continuous Improvement Kaizens/BPIs as appropriate to the facility. Evaluates a value stream and establishes clear visuals controls indicating process health and capture sources of variation that drive accountability in Continuous Improvement actions/process improvements.
- Performs root cause and failure analysis. Applies critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide specified cost, quality, and performance in a safe and efficient manner. Teaches others in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product costs and maximize useful life of products. Supports new product development projects to ensure design for manufacturability. Leads and participates on PROLaunch projects (NPD, STP, BPI, and/or AIF). Drives completion of PROLaunch activity matrix deliverables as appropriate to the manufacturing role. Monitors and drives metrics associated with PROLaunch stages and gates.
- Leads projects for extended value streams, develops project goals, budgets, and work breakdown structures. Proactively aligns cross functional resources such as production, quality, EHS, Maintenance, Engineering, and contractors/vendors to ensure that project goals are met. Develops and executes communication plans among project/program working groups, associated leadership teams, and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for executing sustained change management as it applies to product and processes within manufacturing operations. Utilizes change management techniques such as ADKAR to effectively drive and sustain process improvements.
- Guides and instructs the capital equipment selection process. Develops and evaluates Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR's) for new product or process programs and initiatives.
- Leverages advanced technology and innovation to improve the use and effectiveness of information systems. Seeks opportunities to eliminate waste associated with the flow of factory floor information.
- Active role in assessment processes within manufacturing environment. May act as a category lead or champion during an assessment process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience is required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, 5S, Standard work, visual controls, etc.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. SAP, Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, Metamation, Nesting Software, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, etc).
- Knowledge of PLCs and safety system design
- Thorough understanding of production environments (low-volume/high mix and high volume/low mix) including safety/guarding requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Computer Programming Language
- Experience in sheet metal cutting, forming or welding
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Experience with E-coat
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time