Eaton's Fuel and Motion Controls Division of Eaton Aerospace, has an opening for a plant manager. The position is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
The Jackson facility has approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The plant manager sets overall policies and procedures to ensure safe, effective manufacturing operations consistent with the Eaton Business System as well as Eaton Ethics, Values, Philosophy and policy. This role leads the plant team to develop plant strategy and tactics to achieve annual profit plan and long-term strategic plan goals and objectives. This position leads and implements Eaton Business System, especially in applying the tools and processes of Eaton Business System to deliver the business results. Interface with sales organization to ensure internal/external customer needs are met.
• Provide leadership, direction and manage all plant operations to include manufacturing, operational excellence, materials, quality, EHS and human resources.
• Develop, implement, and review suitable short and long range plans to achieve assigned plant and group objectives such as the profit plan, strategic plan, human resource organizational capability plan and forecasts based on customer expectations, and committing to achieving established targets.
• Coordinate and direct through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to manufacturing, asset utilization, inventory control, facilities control, building lay-out and construction, maintenance, manufacturing projects and studies, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration.
• Accountable for the day-to-day decisions that directly impact the quality, efficiency, and profitability of the overall plant.
• Directs and mentors the Jackson leadership team in the performance of their respective roles and consistent with the Eaton Leadership model.
• Responsible for contributing to the development of all plant policies, consistent with the direction of the overall Eaton organization.
• Review, maintain, control, implement corrective action and regularly report on the financial progress of the plant within the assigned group to maintain profit plan expectations and insure incremental / decremental performance.
• Implementation and adherence to the Eaton Business System, Eaton Quality System, Eaton Lean Six Sigma, Balanced Score Card and Business Operating System.
• Foster an environment of Employee Engagement by embracing Continuous Improvement culture tools.
• Ensure that Eaton policies, practices and initiatives are implemented and followed.
• Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental and labor regulations is required.
• Represent Eaton in local organizations and community service activities
• Drives sales margins, customer satisfaction, cost of quality, inventory, productivity, organizational development, manufacturing profit and other operational metrics of the facility.
• Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance.
• Attracts, selects, develops, trains, coaches, appraises and motivates managers and other personnel for key staff positions and the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years experience of managing an organization in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience managing people.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a continual and on-going basis.
- Previous experience in the aerospace industry.
- Previous plant management experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Working knowledge of Program Management tools such as ProLaunch.
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic is preferred
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts (production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Leadership, coaching and influence management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time