Busag, Maramures, Romania
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
In this role, you will be working closely with the Busag team as a business partner to ensure growth and profitability in the operations. You will safeguard the assets of the corporation, maintain the integrity of the financials and ensure that all corporate and GAAP policies are been followed including Sarbanes-Oxley, compliance, plant and divisional reporting and product cost analysis.
The Accounting function for Romania is managed by the existing Sirbi Finance team. The successful candidate will have to work closely with the team to ensure accurate and compliant reporting.
Your key deliverables:
- Calculate, analyze and plan manufacturing and support cost for the Busag plant and actively support the plant management team on improvements
- Provide financial insight into business operating reviews
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, US & local GAAP and EATON financial policies
- Proactively drive continuous improvements in financial and business practices
- Ensure that the business has in place processes that comply with country legal requirement
- Provide accurate and timely financial analysis and reports to aid in profitably managing the business and make recommendations to compensate for variances when detected
- Support the Busag team in preparation of Business Opportunity Calculations for projects
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives
- Conduct product profitability analysis, identify gaps which may come from manufacturing processes
- Drive continuous improvement in financial and business practices
- Educated at bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration? (ideally plus ACCA (or equivalent)
- Having at least 5 years of professional experience in Finance and Accounting, ideally with strong manufacturing controlling background?
- Possessing knowledge of US GAAP & SOX?
- An effective communicator team player, excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, ready for taking and implementing initiatives, but also influencing people in other divisions and peer positions?
- Proactive and process driven?
- Fluent in English language? another European language is a plus.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No