If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Mechanical Engineer - New Product Development in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Works in conjunction with remote engineering and internal resources to create the overall project timeline as well as define deliverables and drive to completion.
· Coordinates with marketing to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, and achievable and are consistent with voice of the customer.
· Ensures design progression via CAD modeling reviews, thermal and mechanical analysis, drawing and model retention, testing plan creation, test review and coordinate with internal as well as third-party compliance.
· Ensures project tooling budget and product cost requirements are being met.
· Coordinates with Sourcing personnel to ensure vendors are identified, quotations are being obtained and quality standards/form deliverables are being met.
· Coordinates with manufacturing personnel to ensure production site has been identified, production equipment and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved both for internal and supplier plants
· Conducts design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to Identifying project risks and develop response plan.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”).This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo.The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s
• Minimum of 4 years product design experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with and demonstrated proficiency with Solidworks 3-D modeling software.
• GD&T drawing experience including releasing drawings.
• Testing experience (thermal, tolerance, etc.) would be required .
• High power design experience for assemblies greater than 200W is preferred.
• Basic understanding of electrical engineering principles is preferred.
• Familiarity with all design aspects, manufacturing and regulatory compliance (UL, CE, etc.) aspects of the product is required, would be preferable if in LED lighting systems.
• Experience with and proven knowledge of injection molded plastic, die cast, sheet metal design, manufacturing methods & processes.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
• Well-developed and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Experience must include hand on experience with design of products from concept to commercialization including and not limited to part detailing and designing, component and material selection, drawing creation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time