If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Mechanical Engineer in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Perform detailed mechanical parts of high power electronics, OBC, and other power management products utilizing ProE Creo 3D CAD;
- Create simulation models to predict structural, fatigue, vibration, thermal, and flow performance of new products in development;
- Conduct detailed analysis of tolerance stacks to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance;
- Prepare for and participates in formal and informal design review activities;
- Develop product test plans and work closely with technicians or outside lab resources to implement and review testing activities;
- Interface with and provide technical support for customers, plant, quality, and supplier personnel;
- Operate and design within vehicle standards (ISO TS16949, SAE, ISO vehicle related standards);
- Learn and integrate Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) for new products in development;
- Customer projects pursuit supporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in new product development
- Working experience in the design of injection molded plastics, die casting and sheet metal preferred;
- "Experience in ProE Creo software is preferred, design experience in CAD required;
- Background in TS/ISO 16949 quality systems and SAE, ISO vehicle related standards preferred.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time