Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Leader. This position is based at our Searcy, Arkansas facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This person will deploy Continuous Improvement at the plant level in conjunction with the Division Operations Excellence Director and provides overall Continuous Improvement leadership to the organization. This person will guide, direct, maintain and monitor all activities associated with the successful application of Eaton Continuous Improvement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives to enhance the overall effectiveness of manufacturing operations and achieve operational excellence.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for implementation of Continuous Improvement based upon lean assessment.
- Lead or facilitate projects or events such as Shop Floor and Rapid Improvement Events, VSM, Continuous Flow, Standardization 5S, Error Proofing, Eliminating Waste, TPM, Pull System, etc..
- Implement effective measurement tools associated with continuous improvement and cost out.
- Contribute to the identification of cost-out ideas and implementation of the ideas
- Drive core functional excellence in implementing: Eaton Business System, Lean Six Sigma and other world-class operation management techniques.
- Provide expertise in lean manufacturing system including training, planning and implementation of tools
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Total Productive Maintenance Program that supports increased production capabilities and reduced manufacturing costs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 experience of Continuous Improvement experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- MBA is preferred
- 1 year of supervisory experience
Position Success Criteria :
- Position requires strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods (six sigma, 8D, A3, and other) and Eaton’s goal setting process
- Strong knowledge of quality standards, statistical methods, and continuous improvement tools
- Proven management, planning, and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to lead and train diverse teams
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time