Production Associate, Trim Fabrication This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The Trim Fab Production Associate, will provide expertise and support in all areas of the Trim fabrication process, including, but not limited to operating a spot welding machine to manufacture trim assemblies safely and in a timely manner while adhering to Eaton’s high-quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- Receive, support and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers to fulfill production requirements in a timely manner. Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
- Utilize computers to look up and print out job specific details. Compare information obtained on the computer to physical products.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Working knowledge of Lean concepts preferred.
- Computer literate preferred.
- Previous experience with cranes and forklifts preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Experience reading blueprint, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
- Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No