Eaton’s Aerospace Group is seeking a Product Sales Manager – Aftermarket to join our team. The position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility or remotely.
The Product Sales Manager (PSM) role is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships and leading growth opportunities through all stages of the sales cycle. This position requires collaborating with an extended field sales team and growing the component repairs and spares business at the assigned Airlines, Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MROs) and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). The position necessitates application of value-selling with emphasis on developing winning capture strategies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Ensure that the new business pipeline is healthy with an emphasis on repairs/spares sales for the ducting and sealing aftermarket products; leveraging extended resources to identify and execute new business opportunities.
- Apply PROLaunch and value cycle tools in the new business capture processes, lead capture teams throughout the business capture process and work with the capture team to develop proposals and present the Eaton value proposition to the customer as required.
- Work closely with the Regional and Customer Aftermarket Account teams supporting customer visits as needed.
- Manage existing business and new business opportunities in the assigned territory to meet the financial and strategic goals.
- Support the development of market trend/dynamics analyses and how they impact intake performance.
- Proactively develop and execute action plans to ensure intake goals are achieved and plant health metrics are Green.
- Support the strategic planning process through understanding and effective communication of customer needs.
- Support the development of customer needs analysis as required, maintaining a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, new technology needs and future application requirements. Additionally, maintaining a current knowledge of competitors’ products and identifying strengths and weaknesses compared to Eaton Aerospace products.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an industrial commercial customer-facing role.
- Must be able to work in the United States on a continual basis without requiring corporate sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), have been granted Political Asylum, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. Only candidates currently residing within a 50-mile radius of the Beltsville, MD location will be considered. Candidates outside this range of the listed locations can be considered for remote work in the U.S. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- MBA or a Master’s Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a diversified power management company.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an Aerospace customer-facing role.
- Minimum three (3) years of commercial (market research, pricing) experience
- Knowledge of FAA, EASA and CAAC regulatory requirements. Experience in dealing with PMA/DER requirements.
- Working knowledge of OEM and military procurement processes.
- Working knowledge of aircraft ducting and sealing systems and products.
- Must be willing and able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time both domestically and internationally as needed to meet customer and/or business requirements and/or expectations.
- Strong customer interface skills.
- Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
- Effective in a matrix management environment.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time