Eaton ‘s Hydraulic Division in Lohmar, Germany has an opening for a:
Senior IT Analyst – ERP- MFG/PRO&BEA - 081068
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. Find out morewatching this video .
Within the hydraulic division, in the Lohmar location with around 180 employees we are specialized in the development and manufacturing of high-pressure hydraulic fittings and pipe connection systems of the Eaton Walterscheid™ brand, as well as the associated assembly machines. The Lohmar location also acts as a distribution center for all Eaton Hydraulics products in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region (EMEA).
As a Senior IT Analyst ERP- MFG/PRO&BEA you will have a European and worldwide cooperation with IT colleagues in the area of EAS (Energy Automation Systems) Supply Chain. Local support for users and intermediaries in the various Eaton IT groups for user requirements.You will be ensuring that the availability of the ERP system MFG/PRO for Eaton Germany GmbH (EGL), and the EATON Industries Lohmar Plant (EILP) environment. You will provide software support for warehousing, receiving, shipping and operations.You will act as an interface monitoring the ERP system MFG/PRO and the warehouse management software BEA. You will be in charge meeting the information requirements of the departments with reporting and the MFG/PRO .net UI
You will work within Corporate IT team reporting functionally to US IT Development Manager.
Your main duties:
- Act as an interface monitoring the central ERP system MFG/PRO and the warehouse management software BEA, eliminating malfunctions as well as errors
- Support file export from EVA interface (SW used for export documentation and customs declarations) to MFG/PRO
- Cooperate with IT specialists from Anton and BEA (SW supplier partners) and Eaton internal specialists to support necessary functionalities or to eliminate errors and malfunctions
- Collaborate in cross-location IT projects
- Support departments in the preparation of information with the help of net UI, ACCESS or EXCEL on the basis of database information from BEA or PROGRESS (MFG/PRO) as well as in the implementation of new projected functionalities
- Support, maintain and administrate database systems and the associated tools as well as conception and creation of documents, papers and evaluations for efficient process control – primarily in the area of inventory management
- Ensure that sufficient information and case documentation is provided to ensure system availability by the respective agency even in the event of vacation or other representation cases
- Primarily responsible for the annual stock-take, including all reporting, adjustments and analysis
- Bachelor degree in IT or comparable qualification (studies in computer science -preferred)
- Work experience with ERP-Systems
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Able to thrive in a matrix environment
- Knowledge of the operating systems, software packages and databases used (LINUX, MFG/Pro, BEA,EVA TIBCO, ORACLE, PROGRESS, MS-Office)
- Analytical ability and a sense for holistic contexts
- Fluent in German and English (oral and written)
What we offer:
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No