Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Shipping and Materials Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Sherman, TX facility and reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
The primary function of the position is to support the plant Supply Chain Manager and Operations team with inventory strategy, functional excellence, purchasing supervision and distribution supervision.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Optimize STPO execution
- Detect key ERP data issues impacting inventory and OTD
- Proactively predict stock outages and prioritizing by business impact
- Understand and teach Sieve process
- Normalize demand history and forecasting future demand
- Utilize true forecast consumption with legacy ERP systems
- Rank materials components based on potential impact to customer orders and profitability
- Determine true usage and true DOH of components
- Optimize a given amount of inventory safety stock funds among components
- Recommend inventory replenishment methods and related parameters
- Partner with marketing on managing correct MRP controllers
- Manage Annual Physical Inventory Process
- Run Supply Chain Analytics & identify opportunities for inventory reduction
- Identify BOM discrepancies, unreported scrap, and vendor mis-shipments via root cause corrective action and put mitigating actions in place
- Manage day to day shipping operations and personnel
- Manage purchasing personnel
- Must be willing to work OT as required on weekends
Inventory Performance Improvement Projects
- Develop purchasing personnel through change management and data analytics/analysis in order to optimize inventory at Sherman
- Lead general inventory improvement projects across business units
- Leverage technology to drive materials best practices, standard processes, and focus on the elements most impactful to reducing inventory DOH while increasing customer OTD
- In collaboration with plant leadership, be responsible for the daily activities of the warehouse to include overall warehouse organization, scheduling of warehouse personnel (material handling and cycle counting) to meet overall plant needs, and proper staffing in order to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-effective manner.
- Provide visible leadership and guidance to all warehouse staff in order to foster continuous improvements and best practices; Maintain continuous engagement with all warehouse stakeholders (plant leadership to warehouse staff); Coach, train and develop warehouse personnel to ensure accountability, in addition to goal and priority alignment; foster collaboration and common goal setting in a matrix environment.
- Analyze, identify, prioritize and implement opportunities and initiatives for improvement toward obtaining objectives and divisional goals.
- Maintain data accuracy in areas such as attendance, quality and productivity metrics as well as identify and implement any corrective actions.
- Generate warehouse productivity reports in regard to picking rates, receiving rates and accounts for all labor hours both direct and indirect. Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and division goals.
- Be responsible for proper maintenance of warehouse equipment, to include forklifts, providing both preventative maintenance programs and all necessary repairs. Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions. Provides regular forklift training for plant and fosters programs to drive forklift safety awareness and accountability.
- Be responsible for 5S, safety and quality procedures in department and ensuring employees receive effective and timely training in safe work practices. Demonstrate a commitment to health and safety by participating in site health and safety activities. Observe Safety policies, report unsafe acts, hazards, and maintain clean and orderly department. Lead by example; visibly and actively support other functional plant initiatives including 5S, quality, wellness, engagement, etc.
- Be responsible for the disciplinary process in the area of counseling, documentation; ensures a productive climate in the warehouse operation.
- Support and demonstrate all Eaton policies and procedures including Eaton Ethics, Eaton Business System, Eaton Lean Initiatives, Affirmative Action program, and Eaton Philosophy in the workplace.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
Minimum three (3) years’ combined experience in supply chain, operations, purchasing, and/or warehouse/materials management
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50-mile radius of the Sherman, TX facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Master’s degree in business or supply chain from an accredited institution
Two (2) years leadership experience in an operations or supply chain role
Experience working in plants in a Materials Management capacity
Experience with plant ERP systems (SAP)
- APICS certified
5 years’ experience in supply chain, purchasing, or warehouse/materials management
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Ability to analyze, identify, prioritize and implement opportunities and initiatives for improvement
- Proven track record of leading and managing warehousing initiatives that have resulted in improved productivity and reducing cost of non-conformance in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, Eaton Business Excellence criteria, project management, organizational change management
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills and leadership abilities (ability to motivate, lead, train and develop personnel)
- Strong computer application skills
- Extensive SAP Knowledge
- Proficient in Excel
- Business financial literacy
- Database design experience using Access, SQL Server, and/or Oracle database environment; ability to join large data sets from disparate systems
- Ability to identify the vital few materials aspects that most impact key business metrics
- Ability to summarize extreme detail for executive consumption
- Ability to create repeatable processes to reduce errors and prioritize actions based on business impact
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No