Eaton’s Commercial Distribution Products and Assemblies division is currently seeking a Lead Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is a Manager of People and is based at our Sumter, SC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
About Sumter, South Carolina: Conveniently located 40 minutes east of the state capital, Columbia, Sumter is a city with convenient access to rich history, diverse industries and inspiring landscapes. The Eaton facility in Sumter, SC is the product line headquarters for Panelboards and Switchboards and is one of the top employers in the local community. The facility is home to more than 750 employees and is centrally located among every attraction one may desire in the Southeast, including Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Charlotte, NC; Asheville, NC, and Atlanta, GA.
This role will supervise Quality Team Members while analyzing quality-related issues and implementing process improvements in Switchboard Assembly/Fabrication / Front End and CONC Rework, Scrap, and Warranty processes with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform root cause analysis - support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts by bringing attention to quality problems, participating on improvement teams, and working with front end, design, quality and production personnel to resolve problems.
- Establish and Improve data collection plans as well as tools and processes.
- Evaluate data to identify key detractors of Scrap, Rework & Warranty and then implement Error Proofing solutions to achieve reduced CONC costs.
- Support deployment of Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS)/ISO9001, Eaton Lean System (ELS) & MESH.
- Serve as an Internal Systems Auditor performing process & systems audits on a regular basis.
- Participate in PROLaunch projects representing the Quality Team.
- Interact with internal and external Suppliers as required based on quality performance.
- Supervise Quality Team Members by providing coaching and development to ensure continuous improvement objectives are achieved resulting in improved process and product quality.
- Guide 8D Teams and corrective action activities. Use data analysis software (i.e. Excel, Access & Minitab).
- Lead the Quality Council and work with Operations and Quality Team to identity improvement projects related to customer satisfaction, rework, scrap, and overall quality.
- Conduct root cause investigation and train plant team members on processes related to quality tools/processes.
- Interact with customers on-site (in plant and at customer locations) to facilitate understanding of production and quality-related processes and results.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a Manufacturing or Operations Environment.
Minimum one (1) year of experience managing people and/or project teams.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Three (3) years of experience in a Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing function
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certification
ASQ Certified Quality Manager Certification
- Six Sigma (Belt) Certification
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time