Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking an OPEX Manager to join our team. This position will be based at our Greenwood, SC LOC 3 facility.
The OPEX Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, directing and coordinating the Continuous Improvement strategy, which includes deployment, training and mentoring of Eaton Lean System, OpA and CIF integration. Coordinates and drives cost out for the facility. In this role, you will align all programs to ensure the strategic business initiatives and the daily safety, quality, delivery, productivity and inventory results are achieved. The OPEX Manager will manages and guide activities to deliver process improvements for operations and engineering departments. You will also be responsible for guiding, directing and monitoring all activities associated with the plant engineering, maintenance and EBS deployment and oversee the repairs and upgrades to equipment, property, grounds and plant operating systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Acts as the on-site Eaton Lean System / Six Sigma expert, trainer and mentor. Drives the development of future state plans, manufacturing strategies, cross-functional processes, and the establishment of uniform policies and procedures.
- Implements Eaton Lean System (Lean Manufacturing) techniques throughout the plant and division as required.
- Monitors overall plant performance toward plant and division objectives for Cost Out activities, including sourcing, design engineering and labor productivity activities. Works with ELSS, VAVE, OpA and ProLaunch champions to drive improvements to meet profit plan and strategic plan initiatives. Creates action plans and follows-up on work assignments based on these activities.
- Assists in the day-to-day manufacturing activities by making determinations regarding the applications of ELSS principles, using those principles to make improvements in processes.
- Provides leadership to the manufacturing engineering team and delivers continuous improvement through scheduled Rapid Improvement Events. Provides and secures specific training in tools for new tool champions / experts to meet strategic plans.
- Assists in the gathering of implementation data for entry into the Cost Out System.
- Works with manufacturing, quality, supply chain, finance and marketing to identify Lean, Constraint Management and Six Sigma tool application opportunities as input to the profit plan and strategic planning processes.
- Supports and provides guidance to the VSM teams to ensure all A3 actions / active bursts meet business case needs, have established plans to meet completion timelines in the business case and have identified and are monitoring progress of key metrics from the business case.
- Insures that the appropriate MESH processes are used in all lean activities.
- Facilitates kaizen/RIE events as required, especially for more advanced applications of ELSS tools or as part of training new tool facilitators.
- Advises, assists and consults with the plant manager and other staff personnel on technical matters affecting the operation or efficiency of the plant.
- Leads the capital expense planning and utilization strategy for the facility. Coordinates the capital planning process with an emphasis on Infrastructure and Productivity.
- Assures that all new processes and equipment are reviewed during the planning process to ensure employee safety when implemented. Also assures that all new processes and equipment are reviewed for compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Appraises employee performance and administers salaries. Develop employees through training and motivation. Makes recommendations for salary increases, employee recognition and promotions. Counsels employees on performance issues.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in Lean, Continuous Improvement or Operations of Excellence.
- Must be authorized to work in The United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Prior experience managing people
- Experience as an OpA Assessor
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time