To Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Maintenance Technician will work closely with production teams to support initiative including line set up and relocation, equipment modifications and repairs and preventative maintenance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Troubleshoot equipment and make necessary repairs
- Record and schedule preventative maintenance
- Requisition parts, materials, labor and support to complete job tasks
- Fabricate replacement parts as needed for machinery
- Lead and manage contractors and special projects as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance experience or contractor management experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Welding experience and / or certifications
- Hazardous waste management / Hazardous materials transport and waste operations emergency response
- Knowledge of electrical systems and devices
- Lock Out / Tag Out Certified
- HVAC training and / or certifications
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime, willingness to flex to different areas or local plants as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and climb a ladder
- Ability to to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Business Services
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time