Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an EHS Analyst for 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, MS facility.
This position supports environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the site. Individual is accountable for: supporting EHS activities at his/her location(s), including: establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: supporting site ISO/OHSAS certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; supporting actions during crises; site security, supporting the creation of a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Support development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives. Support risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Support tracking of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track EHS performance.
- Support creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Support MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Support and promote zero incident EHS culture throughout site. Support EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Work with EHS leader and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations. Support efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Provide support on using established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data. Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
- Support efforts to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of Manufacturing experience in EHS, Operations and/or Engineering.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the Vicksburg, MS facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Biology from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Science from an accredited institution.
- Professional certification such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), preferred.
- MESH Deployment (Culture, Process & Compliance, and Results).
- Knowledge of incidents indices (accidents, near misses, spills, fires, vehicle incidents).
- Experience with closure rate of corrective actions.
- Knowledge of Energy consumption, Waste reduction, Water consumption reduction, Greenhouse gas reduction and Workers’ compensation.
- Employee engagement experience.
- Comprehension of industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Strong team-building & organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of EPA, OSHA & DOT federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts).
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams.
- Prior experience or education with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, you will be eligible to participate in Signify N.V.’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Signify N.V’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time