Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Youngsville, NC facility.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, improving and validating manufacturing processes and tooling in order to meet manufacturability requirements for new and existing products and ensure the smooth and timely transition of new products from feasibility into stable and scalable production. This position will also support large volume order planning and execution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develops and manages manufacturing engineering project schedules, deliverables and goals. Serves as project leader providing definition and direction to cross-functional project teams. Manages all manufacturing quality, cost and scheduled deliverables to completion.
- Ensures all project related issues and problems are solved to allow for the successful completion of manufacturing engineering projects in order to achieve business and manufacturing goals.
- Oversees the development of new production processes and systems; evaluates project progress and provides recommendations for improved processes and methods.
- Collaborates with members of management on project related matters; communicates project progress with project teams, managers, supervisors and business leaders.
- Partner with the Product development team to drive the evaluation and enhancement of the engineering design verification process with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production and zero safety/ergonomics issues due to design
- Establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new manufacturing technologies
- Manage release of new products and manage technical changes to existing products through BOM management, ECO, and deviation processes
- Develop and maintain process documentation (assembly procedures, routers, travelers, BOMs, process flows, and process FMEAs) while defining and implementing new manufacturing technologies
- Define and establish Lean manufacturing methods, processes, and tools for new products and LVO. Establish process controls and opportunities for error-proofing
- Qualify, optimize, and validate processes and tooling via process capability studies and designs of experiments
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- A minimum of two years of work experience in product engineering, product design/development, project management, or manufacturing engineering.
- Must be authorized to work in The United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- Experience with global teams
- Experience with Uninterruptable Power Supply Systems and/or power electronic, power distribution products
- PS Systems or Power Systems design experience
- Project Management Certification or training
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma, Value Analysis/ Value Engineering (VA/ VE), continuous improvement methodologies, Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA), 8-D Disciplines (8D)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time