Eaton’s Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Maintenance Electrician (PLC Technician) on 1st Shift. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
Maintenance Electricians are responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of systems using PLC, electrical, mechanical and processing skills. The Maintenance Electrician will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment.
The Maintenance Electrician/PLC Tech installs, troubleshoots, repairs the following systems: PLC’s, HMI’s, VFD Drives, Vision Systems, Motor Control Centers, Power Distribution Centers, Motors (DC, AC, Stepper, Servo, etc.), Three Phase/Single Phase - power and control circuits, Control Panel layout and component installation. Additional duties as assigned by
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Installing and repairing electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment
- Troubleshooting AC & DC drives, instrumentation, transducers, and hydraulic/pneumatic controls
- PLC troubleshooting and working with tension controllers
- The work is in a high speed equipment/production environment
- You will work with computer-controlled systems
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- A minimum of 3 years of Maintenance Technician experience within a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of 2 years of PLC (programmable logic controller) troubleshooting or programming experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of La Grange, NC to be considered
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Five (5) years’ experience in the electrical field, in an industrial/ manufacturing environment
- Allen Bradley and Siemens Software to troubleshoot PLC’s, HMI’s, and Drives, and make “minor” program modifications when necessary and approved by management
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Journeyman License
- Experience with PLCs and AC/DC drives is preferred
- Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations and to other employees of the organization
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read technical manuals and to size and monitor motors, motor controllers and other electrical equipment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to take initiative to install and repair circuitry according to the National Electrical code and be able to anticipate safety and mechanical failures of circuitry
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must perform preventative maintenance and identify and correct defects in the machinery to prevent downtime
- Ability to understand complicated drawings or specifications and use a wide variety of measuring instruments
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; site; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No