Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking an CNC Programmer to join our team on 2nd shift. The position is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive), WI facility and its core hours run from 3PM to 11PM.
The CNC Programmer is responsible to facilitate the daily programming of NC, Laser, and RAS machines. Coordinating workloads with Production Control, Supervisors and Routing Associates.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright individuals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Determine optimal programming methods, machine tool selection and machine methods to produce parts with the most effective machine time and material conservation.
- Lead implementation of new operating procedures relative to the NC/Laser/RAS programming group.
- Responsible for the maintenance of program readouts and drawing files.
- Review engineering production drawings for accuracy and informs engineering of suspected errors or potential part geometry improvement.
- Write NC turret press, laser, and RAS programs.
- Support running NC/Laser/RAS equipment.
- Create nesting files for the laser machines and makes sure that the reports and all NCP files are available for the laser operators.
- Order supplies for production of NC/Laser/RAS programs and trains other individuals within department.
- Routing parts – inform individuals who input part routings as to what machine parts will be produced on.
- Providing layout prints – generate prints off of models.
- Designing parts – draw parts out in 2D/3D when only PDF prints are provided or no prints provided.
- SAP – utilize SAP to provide operators to continue workflow through the shop.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required.
The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Waukesha, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
2 years of NC programming experience.
- Courses in Blueprint reading
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2D
- AutoCAD Inventor 3D
- Ability to read and write G-Codes
- Experience running NCs, lasers, and Multibend machines: Bendex, Cellcontrol, Striker, Enterprise, and Metacam
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No