If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer – Utility Maintenance based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to
The primary responsibility of this position will be to participate in the specification, design, implementation, testing, and release of new features and enhancements for Eaton’s ProView NXG interface software. We are looking for motivated professionals with strong skills in software development and good communication skills who will play a key role in verifying and validating the next-generation technology solutions that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and devices.
Contribute to the development and implementation of new features, enhancements, and changes for ProView NXG interface software.
Maintain and enhance technical proficiency in software engineering related development environments, processes, and tools.
Perform development work to achieve on-time delivery of ProView NXG features and enhancements.
Coordinate and collaborate with product owners and systems, hardware, embedded software, applications, and manufacturing development teams to produce engineering designs and specifications for new features and enhancements.
Identify and communicate risks as they arise during development.
Perform code reviews using revision control software and collaborative code review tools.
Execute ProView NXG development builds and formal releases.
Manage ProView NXG platform documents and source code using version control tools.
Manage, maintain, enhance, and document the ProView NXG Windows install.
Identifies opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drives those from concept to implementation.
Generate ideas and innovative solutions which will provide competitive edge to business products.
Contribute to team’s technical growth by engaging in technical discussion.
Search for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost.
Communicates technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders; strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science
- 5 to 9 years of experience in software applications development.
- Experience developing .NET, C# based applications.
- Experience in all stages of the application development lifecycle
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation, XAML, and Workflow.
- Practical working knowledge of the Prism tools and guidance for building composite applications, including integration of the Managed Extensibility Framework.
- Extensive experience with a version control system.
- Experience with a collaborative code review tool.
- Experience with an installer authoring tool.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA for issue and bug tracking.
- Experience working with GIT and JAMA.
- Experience with Ethernet and TCP/IP based communications.
- Experience with the DNP communications protocol including Triangle Microworks DNP.
- Knowledge of power systems, switchgear, and/or regulator controls products/applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Problem solving skills, Working in ambiguity, process management
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only