If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The Senior engineer should stimulate the search for creative technology advances in the areas of intelligent machines, electric vehicles and blended power which will enable building the intelligent power solutions. He/She will be responsible for making compelling technology proposals, inserting these into product roadmaps to create a distinct advantage for Eaton’s products over competition. He/she will be responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all research and development efforts under his/her control, as well as developing and managing relationships with Eaton business leaders and stakeholder
- Experience in automotive, aerospace, hydraulics, on and off-highway machines
- Direct experience leading industrial product engineering and technology solutions.
- Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions.
- Demonstrated track record working from customer requirements through development to prototype building & testing. Ideally, the candidate will have experience executing the entire cycle to commercialization.
- Proven track record for IP generation and publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals is desired. Experience in writing proposals is also desired; demonstrated through successful grants and execution of government sponsored projects.
- Master's degree or PhD in Mechanical / Systems / Controls Engineering / Mechatronics / Aerospace / electromagnetics / electromechanical / advanced actuation / mechanisms
- 2 to 5 years of engineering/technology development experience
- Excellent understanding of computational techniques and tools for analysis of complex mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technology development activities from ideation to prototyping and testing.
- Experience interfacing with global teams and working in matrix organization.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time