Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI facility at North Street.
The primary function of the Quality Manager is to lead the execution and deployment of the Eaton Quality Systems (EQS) to meet customer requirements. The incumbent manages and improves the overall plant quality systems and performance utilizing key performance measures, EQS elements and Eaton Lean Six Sigma Tools.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of the Quality Management System to comply with Environmental Quality Standard (EQS) and International Standards Organization (ISO) 9001.
- Develop and implement strategic projects and tactical initiatives to continually improve the overall quality of products, information, and services.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders at plant and customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of the plant quality systems.
- Facilitate customer quality audits and inspections as appropriate to demonstrate compliance.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement training programs related to the Quality Management System.
- Manage and monitor the effectiveness of internal audits and corrective action programs.
- Manage ISO 9001 certification activities including acting as an authority on ISO 9001.
- Collect and assess key quality data and key performance indicators by using statistical tools.
- Oversee manufacturing and product engineering to ensure successful new product launches.
- Manage final and in-process inspections to ensure quality products to customers.
- Foster problem solving methodologies and drive error-proofing solutions at the source to resolve manufacturing process issues.
- Support the development of new products, processes, and services.
- Assess organizational quality metrics and perform management reviews to evaluate results and recommend countermeasures to close gaps at the operational level.
- Coordinate continuous improvement activities related to quality including 8D’s, Kaizen events, BPI’s, Six Sigma projects, and other problem-solving activities.
- You will travel 10% domestically and internationally.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Business Management and/or Engineering Management from an accredited institution
Minimum five (5) years of combined experience in a quality engineering, manufacturing, and/or engineering role
Minimum two (2) years of work experience managing people/direct reports
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Waukesha, WI facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Three (3) years of experience must working with a Quality Management System (ISO 9001) to support process adherence and customer requirements
Experience using advanced problem-solving tools (8D problem solving methodology, statistical analysis, etc.) to drive continuous improvement culture for quality assurance and compliance at the site.
Experience developing and leading strategic quality, manufacturing, or engineering projects through DMAIC style structure to reduce overall defective products produced
Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification – Lean Manufacturing
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time