Eaton’s Electrical System and Services Group is currently seeking an Electrical Design / Drafter to join our team. This position is based at our Edmonton, Canada facility.
The primary function of this position is to utilize CAD technology to create accurate mechanical layouts, electrical schematics and wiring drawings for new or existing standard apparatus based on interpreting and working from design specifications, oral instruction and sketched concepts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Use Computer Aided Design (CAD) develop schematics, wiring diagrams, motions, clearances and other involved features of an apparatus or customer equipment design.
- Make customer approval drawings, schematics and outline drawings based on bill of material and marked input documents from Customer Order Engineer/Specialist.
- Revise and make assembly drawings, including wiring diagrams, based on approved customer drawings and instructions from the Customer Order Engineer/Specialist.
- Make simple arrangements of components to insure physical fit in the space defined.
- Calculate fits, tolerances, strengths, weights, electrical circuit parameters and similar items.
- Anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirement and problems and develop design solutions.
- Complete drafting work and be responsible for the quality of all assigned drawing types pertinent to design of customer order project.
- Consult with customer order engineer/specialist or product engineering on problems relating to a design or customer order project. Consult with other departments as required to obtain or provide information.
- Resolve wiring diagram issues found during production and support plant cost reduction objectives. You will check work to assure conformance with Edmonton Plant's quality standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum post-secondary 2-year diploma in electrical or electronics engineering technology.
- Minimum 2 years cumulative in manufacturing, wiring, testing, drafting and design experience.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation provided – candidate must reside within 80km of the Edmonton, AB site.
- Additional proficiency in Québécois French.
- Previous Experience with Oracle manufacturing and Enovia are preferred.
- Ability to create functional ACAD routines or automation within CAD.
- Working knowledge of CSA CEC.
- Working knowledge of CSA assembled product standards (Switchgear and Motor Control).
- Previous AutoCAD (preferred ACAD 2016 or later) and basic drafting principles.
- Work independently with minimum need for supervision
- Demonstrate problem solving techniques in general. Can troubleshoot customer or manufacturing problems in the data gathering mode and seek guidance for solutions.
- Protection/Control and general design experience.
- Strong understanding of drafting principles, physics, elements of electricity and mechanics.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No