Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician (Lean/OPEX) to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC. Note: This position is based out of 2210 Highway 72 facility.
In the Manufacturing Technician role, you will plan and performs a variety of lean manufacturing activities for the entire facility including but not limited to: 5S+, Employee Suggestion Program, 8 Waste Elimination (value add and non-value add), Standard Work development/execution, Process Flow Diagrams, Value Stream Mapping, and Rapid Improvement Events that are focused around Eaton’s Business System Pull projects and Continuous Improvement Framework deployment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in the development of prototype equipment, manufacturing process, structural maintenance and equipment relocation/installation through the use of LEAN concepts such as 3P.
- Develop and implement improvements to manufacturing or front-end procedures and processes through improved layout, material handling, or work processes and procedures.
- Assist other personnel with troubleshooting functions to determine most efficient method for repair of production lines, tools, fixtures and dies or resolution systems issues.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field from an accredited institution OR 2 years of prior manufacturing experience and a high school diploma from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with LEAN concepts/applications such as 5S+, Standard Work and Value Stream Mapping.
- Experience with 8 Wastes walk/elimination and visual management, process checks and deviation tracking methodology.
- Additional knowledge and/or experience leading projects, conducting analysis for root cause identification, and understanding how to identify problems and reach resolutions is beneficial.
- Proficient with computers and programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Must work somewhat independently and make decisions that affect the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
- Able to direct and influence others without formal leadership authority.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate/train others within team environment.
- Some travel may be required for project work or training, including overnight stays.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time