Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This position will support the daily operations of the High Performance Work Team (HPWT) to meet production requirements, make process improvements to increase productivity, and resolve test yield issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Have the responsibility for process planning and design, tool development and inspection sheet documentation for production processes.
- Own productivity and efficiency.
- Use Problem Solving tools (8D, 5 Why’s, DMAIC) to identity corrective and preventive actions.
- Process customer returns (RMA’s) with detailed failure analysis.
- Identify and execute cost out initiatives through productivity improvements.
- Support new product launches into production.
- Perform daily process checks to ensure compliance by technicians.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 months of Co-Op/Internship experience within Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Jackson, MS facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience in aerospace industry.
- Experience in tool design.
- Experience with 3D modeling.
- Experience working in Assembly and Test operations.
- Experience in a union environment.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead change in a team environment.
- Ability to build effective teams; creative thinker.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make effective decisions.
- Ability to think strategically and influence others’ decision-making.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn aerospace hydraulics products and processes.
- Ability to quickly analyze, identify, and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year.
- Collaborative style and ability to work cross-functionally.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time