If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer- Hardware based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Design electronic circuits and sub-systems for power distribution system intelligent electronic devices, including power supplies and analog and digital circuits.
- Design peripheral interfaces for microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Participate in establishing design requirements and specifications, implement test set ups and perform design verification testing.
- Perform troubleshooting to identify design issues and test set up issues
- Participate in system interface design activities and resolution of integration issues
- Participate in tasks related to new product development including planning, task estimation, design, design verification, peer review, integration and release
- Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Marketing, Service, Operations and other engineering teams throughout the product development life cycle
- Assist Lead Engineers in design reviews
- Plan and execute tasks in collaboration with the product team to ensure project objectives are met
- Perform tasks per team processes and guidelines and provide recommendations for continuous process improvement
- Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems
- Suggests and develops re-usable hardware components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Eaton’s switchgear and regulator controls.
- Shares knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
- Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provides timely status updates and reports to stakeholders.
- B Tech orMaster's in Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
- 5-9 years’ experience in designing analog, digital, mixed signals and power electronicscircuits.
- Strong understanding of power electronics andexperience of linear / Switched Mode Power Supplies
- Strong knowledge of EMI / EMC certification and environmental compliances – UL /IEC / RoHS / REACH etc.
- Should have hands on experience on IOT based hardware architecture design,feature & performance specifications, 16/32 bit micro-controllers andhigh speed peripherals based designs.
- Sound experience on simulation tools like PSpice, LTSpice, Model Sim, etc.
- Experience with embedded electronic peripherals
- Experience with printed circuit board layout design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prefered knowledge on wireless hardware design using WIFI, ZigBee andBluetooth protocols.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellentverbal and written communication skills, Problem solving skills, Working in ambiguity,process management
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only