Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Product Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Delta, BC facility.
Under the direction of the Satellite Manager, the Product Specialist is responsible for the marketing and engineering of our electrical control and power distribution products up to 600v to meet customer expectations. This includes responsibility for pricing, negotiations, order entry, customer order engineering, customer service, quality and manufacturing of panel boards, switchboards, and enclosed controls.
This role is located at one of our Eaton Satellite locations (6 in total), which are located across Canada and comprise of smaller assemble-to-order facilities and complement our medium to large manufacturing facilities within Canada.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Maintain pricing authority for field sales and distributors.
- Develop strategies to support sales growth, customer service and price realization.
- Manages the administration of orders, production planning and scheduling including maintaining inventory availability for the assembly of products.
- Provide engineering drawings.
- Prepare quotations, complete AutoCAD drawings and provide application support for Eaton products.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics, as well as Safety and Environmental standards and commitment to safety and cost improvement.
- Perform other duties, as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
Minimum four (4) months of work experience in a manufacturing environment, including internship or co-op experience
Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now and in the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within an 80km radius of the Delta, BC work location will be considered.
Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing facility
Minimum of 1 year of experience with ERP software (Oracle)
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Strong technical aptitude of electrical distribution and control systems.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No