Eaton’s Industrial Sector, Fluid Filtration Division is currently seeking a Pricing Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The individual has global responsibility for leading, managing and directing pricing and commercial contract related activities for the Filtration Division. The Pricing Manager will work closely with product management, field sales, key business partners and senior management to maximize the profitability of the business by systematically employing key transactional and strategic pricing levers. This includes ownership of product pricing strategies, annual price increases in all countries, margin analysis, win/loss tracking, C360 pricing effectiveness, management reporting and pricing compliance. In addition, the Pricing Manager will be responsible for facilitating the contract review process and ensuring compliance to Division policy as it relates to commercial transactions with global customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop regional pricing strategies, guidelines, and implementation initiatives with a fact-based, analytical approach in light of competitive analysis, customer segmentation, market attractiveness and product positioning, and overall business strategy.
- Work closely with the marketing and sales team to understand customer segmentation, competitive position, and target value propositions by segment to thus enable the most effectives pricing strategies.
- Prepare price goals for annual profit plan and direct implementation of approved actions. Provide monthly price measurement forecasts and action planning initiatives.
- Drive change management around pricing management.
- Provide leadership in contract management as it relates to commercial contracts.
- Direct management of a growing team of pricing professionals.
- Ensure the effectiveness of pricing tools and provide monthly reporting to management.
- Manage initiatives to improve cycle time and quality through continuous improvement and problem solving, including policies and procedures (SOP) to improve team quote execution and contract review.
- Establish and promote the use of metrics to improve pricing effectiveness.
- Partner with senior management by providing analysis to support decision managing and risk mitigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Finance discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of pricing experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of manager of people experience.
- Legally authorized to work in United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in a business or finance discipline from an accredited institution.
- Certified Pricing Profession (CPP).
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
The successful candidate must possess proven strategic, analytical and implementation skills and possess the following:
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with the leadership and functional ability to define and implement pricing strategies (market, channel, pricing, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- Experience in developing and implementing pricing strategy based on an understanding of market drivers, trends, competitive positions, opportunities and resources.
- Able to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with colleagues globally.
- Proven operational results to increase revenue, profitability, and business performance in a matrixed environment.
- Dealing with ambiguity: Must create scenarios of alternative outcomes and make reasoned judgments about the implication of pricing decision based on limited and imperfect knowledge.
- Financial acumen: Have a working knowledge of financial reports and key financial metrics. Understanding of accounting functions, such as product costing and forecasting.
- Strategic thinking: Must be able to understand and relate to others the strategic leverage of pricing decisions into overall company performance, both short-term and long-term.
- Change agent: Ability to facilitate change in organization that maximizes the impact of strategic price leverage on business performance.
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Must have worked in a highly analytical role and has influenced senior managers in a business.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time