- Weld/fabricate fixtures, equipment repair, guarding, and plumbing using electric/electronic schematics, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams, and mechanical blueprints to rebuild/repair equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance on presses and other plant equipment
- Operate material handling equipment including forklifts, cranes, and hoists; Perform rigging as required
- Troubleshoot PLC and drive systems
- Complete requisitions to facilitate ordering of parts and maintenance supplies as used/needed
- Adhere to all plant safety requirements to insure compliance with OSHA regulations
- Participate as a leader on maintenance team for major repairs, as a team member in resolution of manufacturing problems, troubleshooting and productivity improvement analysis, as a task force member on activities such as peer selection, job evaluation, and equipment selection.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years Industrial electrical/mechanical experience OR Associates degree in Industrial/Electrical Maintenance, Automation OR a Journeyman card.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of South Bend, IN will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Minimum two years AutoCAD experience
- Minimum two years Allen Bradley PLC experience
- Minimum two years of electrical/automation experience
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Experience using a CMMS system is preferred.
- Ability to work all shifts. Bidding process conducted annually resulting in possible move to other shifts within the facility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No