At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
As a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 95,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Eaton’s Power Systems Engineers deliver professional engineering, design, and analysis services. As one of our engineers, you’ll help our clients’ electrical systems operate more reliably, efficiently and safely. As part of the Eaton team you’ll help share our experience and technical know-how in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, electrical design and training.
Your engineering assignments will involve power systems analysis, power quality measurements and audits, consulting and design services, troubleshooting and problem solving relative to power distribution equipment. In addition to our core engineering responsibilities, our engineers are intimately involved with customers from the onset of every project through the final on-site presentation and training. Our engineers operate in an entrepreneurial environment with the mission of providing high quality support and solutions with a key emphasis placed on motivated lead times and sustained relationships with the Eaton sales team and end-users.
This role is designed to prepare you for both technical and future leadership roles at Eaton. As a new engineer, you will be provided with a structured training and development curriculum; a blend of instructor-led, virtual classrooms, eLearning courses and on-the-job training provided by expert mentors and team members to assist you in developing your career.
- Currently possesses or will have obtained a bachelor’s degree in engineering with a major in Electrical, Electrical and Computer, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Energy Systems Engineering from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than August 2020
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship, now or in the future
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prior relevant internship or co-op experience within the electrical/power industry
- Undergraduate specialization in power systems analysis (including three phase circuits) and electric machines
- Experience with engineering software (AutoCAD, MATLAB, SKM, EasyPower, and/or ETAP)
- Excellent computer& analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Up to 25% travel required
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, squat, reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb and reach above shoulder level. The employee is occasionally required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Successfully complete and maintain compliance with the company’s safety program
- Employment could be based in one of the following regions:
- Northeast: Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia
- Central: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Southeast: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee
- Gulf: Louisiana, Texas
- West: California, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, Phoenix, Washington
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time