Eaton Electrical is currently seeking an Intern to join our Marketing team! This position is based at our Burlington, ON facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
This role will be mainly responsible to support the execution of Eaton’s data analytics strategy and profit planning activities. Specifically, it will focus on developing new analytics dashboards and advancing existing solutions through the analytics maturity curve. In addition, the role will provide support to the marketing team, particularly the data analytics specialist in certain routine tasks and activities. Primary responsibilities are listed below:
- Support the advancement of analytics in sales and marketing. Key projects include development of Power BI dashboards covering areas like product performance, digital analytics, margin analysis
- Facilitate better decision-making by optimizing KPIs and “what-if scenarios”, and automating processes (speed and efficiency)
- Generate insights and identify trends from unstructured and structured data sources by being able to manipulate various data sources programmatically
- Document new processes and critically assess the business and analysis questions, then create metrics and dashboards to provide the insights
- Advance and support the Profit Planning Excel models for product managers and other stakeholders by populating workbooks with data and preparing for the following year
- Perform ad hoc reporting and create dashboards as needed
- When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
- High School Diploma required.
- Enrolled and returning to a University degree program in Statistics, Math, Finance, Economics, Engineering (Computer or Industrial) from an accredited institution
- Experience in data analytic tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Python, R, SAS, SQ
- Demonstrated experience using internal/external data sources to create dashboards using data analytic tools using Power BI, OBIEE, and/or Qlik to uncover business insights
- 18 years of age by May 1, 2020.
- Must live within 80km of the facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Prior internship or co-op experience an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community.
- Knowledge of statistics and data modeling experience to build efficient dashboards and predictive models
Demonstrated acumen for data visualization and executive-level reporting
Advanced knowledge of Excel (prior experience in VB scripting preferred), and familiarity with other products from Microsoft Office suite, like Access
Experience in data analytic tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Python, R, SAS, SQL
Familiarity with Big Data technologies like the Hadoop, Hive, Impala, HBase, Sqoop, Oozie is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No