Eaton Electrical is currently seeking a Summer Intern to join our Marketing team! This position is based at our Burlington, ON facility.
This role supports the processes and department specific objectives at our facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide national retail support on price, marketing and agents
- Provide marketing support for digital marketing content (EN/FR) in support of new product launches and marketing campaigns (MARCOM)
- Provide maintenance on pricing and configuration software (Bid Manager)
- Provide system support & maintenance on ERP and pricing systems (Oracle, Global Vista, CPA)
- Document standard work processes for residential light commercial team
- Provide support for marketing our new residential canteen truck
- Provide product support to our customer service team
- Provide report summaries as needed for sales and price performance
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
- High School Diploma required.
- Enrolled and returning to a College or University program in Business, Marketing or Engineering or completing educational work term requirement (co-op)
- 18 years of age by May 1, 2020.
- Must live within 80km of the facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Prior internship or co-op experience an asset.
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Marketing focus degrees preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Ability to learn market influences.
- Customer service skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No