Eaton is looking for a Product Manager – Transfer and Paralleling Assemblies to be based out of our Milton, Ontario facility.
This role is responsible for managing and supporting the profit plan for the Transfer and Paralleling Switchgear product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Responsibilities related to Market Growth and/or Product Development;
- Create, implement and maintain the strategic plan, profit plan, product line roadmaps and launch new products and services into the Canadian marketplace in an effective and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective customer feedback mechanisms, carry out a product gap analysis and identify areas for improvement that will meet both short term and long-term growth objectives for the product line.
- Create and deploy marketing activities and marketing collaterals targeted to different market segments.
Responsibilities related to Sales Support and/or Development;
- Provide quotation support and guidance to the sales organization on the product line offering.
- Support sales districts and channel partners with product training, trade shows, seminars, sales conferences, and product launches.
- Liaison between sales and the plant to ensure delivery / design requirements are addressed efficiently.
- Participate in regular reviews of the performance metrics and collaborate with the sales districts and manufacturing plants to drive net sales, price realization and profit.
Responsibilities related to Product Marketing and/or Development;
- Collaborate with the US product lines and Canadian product engineering to develop and enhance the product portfolio.
- Drive front end efficiencies via Bid Manager and operational efficiencies by supporting the plant in Value Add and Value Engineered (VA/VE) activities.
- Collaborate with internal customers to ensure entire product offering is included in quotation platform.
- Become technical expert in transfer switches, paralleling switchgear and busway product lines to support sales and OEM customers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering or Business.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in sales, product management, marketing and/or engineering related to power distribution products.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of Milton, CA will be considered.
- 2 years’ experience dealing with commercial aspects and pricing
- Strong technical product knowledge of electrical distribution and control systems
- Bilingual proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of power distribution, breaker and switchgear products
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and an innovative mind set
- Ability to take product line’s initiatives from origination to completion by working with multiple stakeholders
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time