Eaton’s Electrical Low Voltage Busway Facility has an opening for a Designer. This position will be located in Greenwood, SC
The Designer will be responsible for creating detailed component and assembly drawings for the manufacturing of the Busway product line. In this role, you will provide product order support by interpreting customer drawings and specifications, in order to create the manufactured products. You will also have some interaction with sales force and customers on job specific details such as on board approvals and witness tests. Lead Designers’ also provide coordination for technical guidance to production personnel as appropriate and support product marketing and training events.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support field sales efforts by providing technical assistance to our customers, sales, and Electrical Engineering Systems and Services relative to complex product design/operation, system operation and/or output, electrical schematics, diagrams, sketches, one-lines, etc. as well as engineering interpretations of a specific general order or customer design.
- Serve as a primary division contact for customers as technical liaison in all aspects of product application, performance, and compliance to specifications and Provide training and demonstrations for customer activities.
- Support Drafting team members, as well as the Customer Order team with order related customer information.
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing and front end as technical advisor, by preparing Engineering Change Notices to accompany all drawing revisions. Prepare and/or process change management requests as required.
- Perform other related activities and special projects as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate degree from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Design Technology.
- Experience or education in drafting principles (CAD).
- No relocation. Candidate must reside within a 50 mile radius of Greenwood, SC facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without any company sponsorship.
- 1-3 years of drafting experience
- Experience or knowledge in drafting principles (CAD), physics, elements of electricity and mechanics.
- Previous Eaton product knowledge
- 1 year of experience in preparing complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretations.’
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company-related projects, activities, or other job-related assignments.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time