If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The incumbent needs to play technical leadership role on multiple projects in parallel and collaborate with cross functional team members across various regions and functions like Product Engineering, project management, test lab and manufacturing plant. The incumbent should have sound analytical skills to leverage analysis first approach to minimize verification testing and have hands on knowledge on design for six sigma principles to identify and mitigate technical risks at an early stage of product development to develop robust products that meets customer requirements and specification.
- Develop value added technical Gear solutions for Transmission development projects based upon a broad technical knowledge and awareness of customer needs in Region and Global.
- Provide engineering leadership for preparation of global technology and product roadmaps based on market and technology trends.
- Provide engineering leadership support for maturity of CTQ’s in different phase of product development
- Validate integrity and or accuracy of output for Gear per Transmission project requirements
- Build and maintain relationships with Commercial Powertrain North America, global CoE, external customers, suppliers, and other functional groups
- Mentor, organize, lead, and champion projects leveraging CoE and Commercial Powertrain resources
- Capturing customer voice, Planning milestones, Executing milestones, Conducting technical and project Reviews, Communication and On job development through technical mentoring to project team
- Utilizes DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
- Drives PRO-Launch execution for NPI programs with work package approvals, engineering management plan and attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
- Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & acts as a technical lead for internal / external customers and resolves technical challenges
- Evaluates product performance and life expectations through engineering calculations. Leverage analytical techniques viz. Structural, Vibration and Plant Modelling from other departments.
- Drives innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
- Minimum education for this position is a Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated experience in technical engineering organization.
- +10 years of experience with multinational engineering organization, Spur & Helical Gear Design for Automotive Applications
- Work & interact with global cross-functional and cross-cultural team. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time