Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Industrial Maintenance Team Lead to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility
Hours: Friday – Sunday (5AM – 7PM)
This position is responsible for ensuring the maintenance team actively engage to meet daily customer demand and production schedule. They also will provide effective training to the maintenance team and ensure safety and quality standards are maintained at all times.
The primary function of this role is to oversee and perform expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s manuals, diagrams, schematics and sketches. Consults with equipment manufacturer or engineering personnel when reference materials do not exist.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform advanced level break-fix/preventative maintenance to drive machine up-time and ensure production schedules are met
- Independently perform maintenance per industry standards
- Report to the facilities manager and works closely with technicians, manufacturing engineers, and other high performance team members
- Lead facility-wide projects under the direction of the Facilities Manager
- Utilize predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data and drive equipment reliability improvements
- Be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance technicians and conducts on-the-job training for maintenance techs and other employees as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Associates degree with a Technical focus and 6 years of related experience in specific industry OR 8 years of experience in maintenance industry
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of two years’ leadership experience
- Experience in predictive technologies, precision alignments, and general maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze the problem, synthesize alternative solutions, and perform repairs.
- Experience in vibration analysis or laser interferometer operations, precision alignments, and maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Background in machining, metal working and welding machines
- Complies with all national and local safety and environmental standards, guidelines and policies by driving EBS/World class workforce initiatives such as ISO14001 and/or applicable regional initiatives.
- Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments.
- Ability to proactively work with other team members under limited supervision.
- This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hours.
- Ability to comprehend and follow technical standards and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of operating lift truck, material handling equipment, man lifts and hand tools.
- This job requires working daily with lubricants and solvents.
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings.
- Requires frequent lifting, bending and operation of mechanical equipment; must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis and ability to stand 8 hours a day.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No