Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking an Operations Manager. This position is based at our Olean, NY facility. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
The Operations Manager is a member of the Olean Leadership Team. The primary responsibility of the role is to lead the plant's processing and assembly operations to achieve customer satisfaction and meet critical business objectives. The Operations Manager will plan, organize, direct, and control all facets of the manufacturing operations. The Operations Manager will drive performance and deploy continuous improvement framework (CIF) to achieve or exceed financial plans, employee engagement and strategic goals. Leveraging resources and motivating personnel to create a high performance culture will be critical to success.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop operational plans to support plant’s safety, sales and inventory objectives. Lead the planning, organization and staffing of processing and assembly operations.
- Develop the operation systems, operating schedules, and workloads to ensure the most effective and timely use of production equipment and personnel. Plan and manage training, instruction, and guidance of assigned workforce.
- Align to and support capital equipment programs for production and information systems. Ensure implementation of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify and implement strategies to achieve steady improvements in safety, productivity, quality, delivery and operating profits. Plans, directs and controls the implementation of continuous improvement and capital projects to maintain and upgrade equipment, tooling, processes, facilities and utilities.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with employees to effectively lead cultural change that embodies the Eaton Values & Philosophies. Communicate and demonstrate Eaton best practices, ethics, values and philosophy throughout the organization.
- Remain knowledgeable of required personnel related guidelines, policies and procedures of the company and take action necessary to ensure adherence. Insure that all site guidelines are administered fairly and equitable.
- Develops, motivates and coaches team members. Acts as a champion for development planning, succession planning and goal setting for supervisors and their direct reports. Creates a performance culture that “Raises the Bar”.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations.
- Minimum 2 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- MBA from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ operations supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience deploying management business systems.
- Supply chain and engineering experience.
- APICS certification and/or Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change.
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive positive results in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to develop and motivate people.
- Effective use of communication and tact with stakeholders.
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time