If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Buyer SCM in Eaton’s Aerospace business, based in Bangalore, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- This position will be based in Bangalore and will be in aerospace operations of Supply chain management The principal role of this position is to support Aerospace Business in region for tactical procurement and material management activities. This includes understanding materials purchased, negotiations with suppliers, prepare and file detailed records on procurement activity, quantity, and vendors and the ongoing management of supplier relationships. This is a single site role with assignment to operations/ plant location.
- RFQ Management – Float RFQ’s to suppliers, and depth analysis of RFQ’s, recommendation to commodity managers / Customers on the RFQ / suppliers.
- Act as a bridge between the PPC and Shop floor Production to ensure that the materials are aligned as per the requirement.
- Interfaces with product line coordinators on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments
- Ensure that the MIS reports are released on time with the right data.
- Negotiation – Should have an experience in negotiation with suppliers, experience in costing will be an added advantage.
- PO Management – Receive Inputs from suppliers and enter Promise dates
- Requirement to PO Creation – Convert Requisitions to PO.
- Invoice on Hold – Able to understand the issues of Invoices on hold and the resolution ensuring the payment is done.
- Supplier Management – Worked on supplier addition / modification in the system.
- Report Management – Should have good experience on different report generation’s and analysis for these reports.
- Spend Analysis – Understand how is the spend and come with projects that will save Cost / reduce inventory / improve supplier performance.
- End to End Buyer Responsibilities- Should be owning the End to End responsibilities for Purchase function and act as a Subject Matter Expert for the process.
- Proficient in Costing, Manufacturing knowledge (DFM), Negotiation, Procurement process.
- Collaboration with Global Engineering Team, Eaton Global plants and Global suppliers to achieve cost competitive purchasing within stipulated time line, with good quality.
- Should have hands on experience of Part Rationalization, Standardization.
- Communicates with Plant/Site Buyers on the actions and resolutions.
- Working Knowledge of ERP
- Conduct cost analysis, cost estimations of outsourced parts, should costing
- B E/ B. Tech Mechanical
- 4-6 years of experience working in Procurement & Material Management
- SAP working experience
- MS Office
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!Job tag: *RV1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time