Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a DSQR Inspector to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
This position requires familiarity with all aspects of the inspection process; Blueprint reading and specification interpretation, use of standard gaging equipment (calipers, micrometers, comparators). Understanding of aerospace document control procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Work with cross functional team to manage and prioritize work orders to ensure customer demand and the production schedules are met
Verify compliance with the customer’s requirements and verify supplier documentation
Check documentation (from Purchase Order to Certificate of Conformity)
Visual inspection (marking, appearance, condition) as allowed by customer
Check dimensional characteristics
Ensure that the FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) has been approved by the customer
Declare and document any non-conformity
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of Aerospace Quality experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a DSQR in Aerospace industry
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to lift up 35lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arm’s length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch for 8+ hours/day
- Experience with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute percentages, area, circumference, and volume; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling, fixtures and equipment, manufacturing methods, routings, and standards
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No