Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid and Electrical Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Torrance, CA facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for design, specification, and implementation of safe and efficient manufacturing processes, including machine guarding and controls, tooling, fixtures, gauges, material handling, and process documentation under the guidance of the Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor. Support day-to-day manufacturing operation as part of cross-functional team. This work includes but is not limited to: the collection and analysis of manufacturing data to implement process, improvements that improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards while developing new ways of gathering and analyzing data to bring the plant toward its goal of Industry 4.0. Support and provide production associate the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process and customer audits.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- You will design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes
- You will use MESH using MESH (Eaton’s Management system for Environment, Safety, and Health), and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- You will support the Ergonomics program for the Torrance site.
- You will design processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality Management System, AS9100, and ISO).
- You will ensure processes are efficient in terms of capital intensity and human resources by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools.
- You will participate in active membership of the Operations team to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the process for review and disposition of non-conforming materials, implementing continuous flow concepts, and training production employees to execute processes.
- You will design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required. Specific equipment requirements include manual assembly, semi-automatic equipment and pressure testing.
- You will create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- You will learn and share with others the core Manufacturing Engineering competencies, processes, and lean concepts.
- You will work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and testing of products produced.
- You will collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes.
- You will support activities and budget management for manufacturing and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- You will develop/update manufacturing instructions and develop new process and tools for new and existing products.
- You will provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
- You will create, review and improve manufacturing routers and travelers to ensure system accuracy.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing/process related field from an accredited institution
- A minimum of one year of work experience in in a technical role supporting manufacturing process or related engineering function in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of one year of experience leading Lean manufacturing process and initiatives.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Torrance, CA facility.
- Must be authorized to work in The United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee”
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Equipment, tooling and fixture design and/or improvement with demonstrated results - Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
- Proficient at SAP business system and ENOVIA Product Cycle Management
- Mechanical and control knowledge for equipment troubleshooting and recommendation of improvements to product and process
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certification, with demonstrated results
- Experience in power supply assembly, manual assembly/test, metal fabrication and bend, chemical processes, and production processes
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time