Reporting to the OE Manufacturing Team Manager, working under general supervision the incumbent is responsible for the set-up and operation of a variety of machinery to produce, modify or repair precision parts for Eaton Aerospace Hydro-mechanical products. Work is controlled by standard drawings, specifications and operating procedures.
- From detailed drawings and product documentation, machine parts to specification using machine tools such as lathes, mills or grinders, completing necessary batch documentation to ensure traceability requirements.
- From product documentation and in accordance with quality procedures, conduct rework as required, monitoring output to ensure consistency with specifications.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and carry out minor repairs as necessary.
- Has responsibility for quality and performance of all products within the incumbents declared capability.
1. Working knowledge of Eaton Aerospace products, policies, procedures and associated measurement techniques and performance test methods.
2. Ability to read drawings, interpret tolerances and use precision tools to take accurate measurements.
3. Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines.
4. Knowledge of metal properties.
Good mathematical and 5.analytical abilities
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
A formal qualification in toolmaking/metalworking i.e. C&G, BTEC, Formal Apprenticeship
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Three years previous experience in machining, preferably within an Aerospace environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No