Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions Division is currently seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our team.This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA site.
This position will have the responsibility of the overall mechanical design of the product. This will include design and analysis of the necessary components. This position will work closely with the Commercial and Industrial Product Manager, Satellite Engineering Sites, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to develop the products in an organized and expedient fashion.
This position will also be responsible for the PLS and VAVE activities for the WD segment. Responsibility includes meeting the overall project schedule and budget. Presentation of each stage and completion of the project through the utilization of the Eaton PROLaunch (Six-Sigma) process is required. This role encompasses collaborating with all aspects of product development including the mechanical and electrical team working groups. The candidate will possess excellent hands on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results. Direct or Indirect supervision of engineers is also desired.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Plan, organize, control, and guide multiple simultaneous projects, including NPI, PLS and VA/VE.
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, achievable, and consistent with voice of the customer
- Drive continuous improvement by leading value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE) team to achieve annual cost reduction goals.
- Guide sustaining engineering team efforts, in conjunction with Quality and Production groups, by the timely disposition of non-conforming material and resolve producibility issues with internal and external manufacturing partners
- Ensure design progression via CAD modeling, analysis, drawing release, testing plan creation, test review, and coordinate with internal and third-party compliance (UL and CSA).
- Ensure project tooling budget and product target cost requirements are being met and coordinate with manufacturing personnel to ensure production site has been identified, production equipment and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved.
- Conduct design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to identify project risks and develop response plans and responsible for project management activities designated in Eaton PROLaunch (Six-Sigma) process
- In conjunction with other team members present the project status at Executive Tollgate Sessions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively increasing engineering responsibility including project management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with 3-D modeling software
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or similar from an accredited institution
- Familiarity with all design, manufacturing and regulatory (UL, CE, etc.) aspects of wiring devices
- Exposure to project management tools
- Proven cross-functional interpersonal and leadership skills plus people development as a coach/mentor
- Experience working with international suppliers and/or customers.
- Experience working wth remote engineering resources
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time