The Lead Design Engineer designs can be static or dynamic, including but not limited to designing components, assemblies and structures containing components. Design output would include but not limited to modeling conceptual ideas, creating patent drawings, part drawings, part lists, assembly drawings, manufacturing instruction drawings or drawings for instruction books.
1. Prepares drawings with provided instructions defined by project team. Produces design layouts and documentation for the construction and testing of prototype models and evaluates designs for fits, tolerance stack, volume, etc., using CAD tools
2. Create and interpret drawings and layout of raw materials, parts, assemblies, schematics, wiring diagrams, publications and specifications set by the manager of the area under the guidance of Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
3. Prepare tables, curves, tables and drawings. Update changes and additions to existing drawings and diagrams.
4. Realize changes and additions for existing drawings and diagrams, according to requirements.
5. Execute the design activities with high technical skills and independent trial.
6. Ensure that all designs and materials are correct.
7. Use software and tools to their full capacity.
8. Accomplish other instructions assigned by manager
Required (Basic) Qualifications SB05:
• Associate Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Drafting or equivalent experience.
• Minimum two years (or more) experience in engineered drafting work involving CAD tools.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Ability to apply or exercise corporate standards related to mechanical or electrical drafting.
• Computer knowledge: MS Office Applications, Freehand, AutoCAD, Pro/E and Power PCB.
• Special knowledge: Fair knowledge of Eaton Electrical products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, KEMA, IEC, CE, NEC, and DEMKO.
Required (Basic) Qualifications SB04:
- Minimum education to include: High school graduate with credits in Algebra, Plane Geometry and Physics desirable.
- Preferred education equivalent to Associate Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Drafting or equivalent experience.
- 1 year (or more) experience in engineered drafting work involving CAD tools.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Ability to apply or exercise corporate standards related to mechanical or electrical drafting.
- Computer knowledge: Freehand, Illustrator, AutoCAD, MS Office Applications. Desired: Easy Label Software, Pro/E and/or Power PCB, Solid Works.
Desirable Special knowledge: Fair knowledge of Eaton Electrical products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, KEMA, IEC, CE, NEC, and DEMKO.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time